Updated November 2011
GalaxC Online Pty Limited takes the privacy of users of this website very seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalised and valuable service. GalaxC Online Pty Limited is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Your personal information
Personal information held by GalaxC may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile/fax phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, preferences for using our websites, web log, computer and connection information, occupation, driver's license number and your GalaxC password. We also hold details of your GalaxC services, including their status, as well as certain details about your personal interests.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to GalaxC (eg about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to GalaxC and advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' below).
Personal information is collected by GalaxC to, among other things; enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personally identifiable information about you (your "Data") in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example when you provide information by phone, in marketing coupons, competitions or application forms or when you use or submit information to us through our websites (eg by email or cookies);
- from third parties such as our Related Companies, carriage service providers, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information, including from your public websites and from your listings in other online directories;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose your personal information";
- from our own records of how you use our services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide our products and services, including referring your services;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- make changes to your profile;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the GalaxC websites;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is also collected so GalaxC and our Related Companies can promote and market products and services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not want GalaxC to contact you to promote and market our products, services and special offers to you, please call 02 0425306449.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require or for the purposes set out above, GalaxC may disclose your personal information to organisations outside GalaxC. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to GalaxC and Related Companies providing services to our customers. These organisations may carry out:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- make changes to your profile;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; ands
- website usage analysis.
GalaxC takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Our Related Companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation);
- other telecommunication and information service providers (eg if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your information for billing purposes).
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow subscribers to be presented with a
- personalised version of the site
- enabling you to move more easily around our site
- tracking your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements
- building up a demographic profile
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of the site, prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you.
Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the 'manage cookies' section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser.
From time to time we may permit 3rd party companies to set cookies on GalaxC.com sites for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking, or to improve functionality of the site. GalaxC may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. GalaxC collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. GalaxC may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the GalaxC websites.
GalaxC Online Pty Ltd have appropriate measures in place to ensure that our users' Data is protected against unauthorised access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. User Data may be transferred outside GalaxC Online Pty Ltd to data processors such as fulfilment houses but they will act only on our instructions to provide the services required.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the GalaxC.com site and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organisations for them to send you details of products and services offered (at your request, as detailed above) you are deemed to provide your consent to any transfer of your Data to organisations based outside Australia or the European Economic Area.
User Access and Control of Data
In accordance with Australia's Federal Privacy Act, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at privacy_officer@GalaxC.com. We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
Children Under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
GalaxC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name, address, contact details.
- by contacting us (see 'How to contact us' below)
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
GalaxC reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us between 9.00am and 5.00pm (EST), Monday to Friday.
Tel: 02 96212491
Post: GalaxC Online Pty Ltd 78 Hawkesworth Parade, Kings Langley NSW 2147
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.